As a volunteer with the Gallatin Valley Food Bank and the HRDC District IX, I agree to the following:
1. All notes, other written material on paper or on the computer will be kept in secure places and not left out for public view.
2. Discussion regarding specific clients will be held in offices, behind closed doors, or other places where privacy can be assured.
3. No privileged information about clients will be discussed with family, friends, outside co-workers, or anyone outside of the Gallatin Valley Food Bank or HRDC District XI organizations. Privileged information includes any and all family and personal information from the client database as well as the fact that any particular individual or family is, in fact, a client of the food bank.
4. For privileged information to be shared with other agencies or professionals, verbally or in writing, written authorization will first be obtained from the client. The only exception will be a request made by legitimate law enforcement officers and these will be handled on a case by case basis by the Director of the Gallatin Valley Food Bank.
5. Access to client data files is limited to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank staff and volunteers, staff at the HRDC District IX, and professional staff with other legitimate agencies in the community. Access to client data files by anyone must be approved by the Director of the Gallatin Valley Food Bank or in their absence, the supervisor of the food bank Director at the HRDC District IX.
6. No privileged information about confidential meetings will be discussed with family, friends, or outside co-workers.
7. No volunteer will interfere or discuss any employee’s personal or professional problems with family, friends, other volunteers, facility staff or outside co-workers.
Violating the above Statement of Confidentiality will be cause to terminate a volunteer. I have read, understand, and agree to abide by this Statement of Confidentiality.